Friday, November 21, 2008

Dinner Devotion

I think almost every family has the tradition of taking time at the dinner table to thank God for his blessings and share with each other what they are thankful for most from the past year. Just in case some of you do not do something like that I would encourage you to give it a go. It's my favorite part of thanksgiving! After the food is served (don't make people eat cold food) we just go around the table and each person shares what they are thankful for.

The only twist to this is that in the past couple of years I have called the family members that can not be with us and typed out what they had to say on small strips. Under everyone's plate I put somebody else's thoughts. So along with sharing each person own things they are thankful for they read who ever's paper they got. I know this means a lot to my mom and MIL as they have big families and it helps us feel like we are together.

Don't forget to save those and keep a binder (yes, I have a binder for just about everything) with previous years comments. One year about a week before thanksgiving I even sent an e-mail to everyone including the families "thankful fors" from the previous year to remind everyone to get thinking and feel blessed because no matter what your circumstances are if you have access to this blog I have a feeling YOU ARE VERY BLESSED!

Oh and one more suggestion... read a part of the Thanksgiving Proclomation by Lincoln.... it's got some good stuff in it!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments: